Collins Campervans/ Motor Home – General Terms & Conditions
This is a copy of Terms & Conditions which will require signing at Collins Campers prior to rental.
The following are the general terms & conditions of hire between the Hirer & Collins Campers. Note that these terms with the Collins Campers motorhome booking form and the insurance motor home rental agreement (given to hirer on collection of the motorhomes) will combine to form the whole rental agreement. The motorhome & its equipment remains the property of Collins Campers at all times.
A reservation with Collins Campers is only complete when a Booking Form,Booking Deposit & all required documentation have been received. The Booking deposit is a maximum of €600 or the total cost of the rental if less than €600. The hirer shall receive a booking confirmation email containing the rental & payment details & receipt for the booking deposit paid.Collins Campers can facilitate reservations for hirers without internet access,for further information please contact us on mobile +353863883434 within the Republic of Ireland. Please note that there is a 2% charger for credit card & debit facilities. We can also accept payment by cheque & credit transfer.
The Hirer and or Driver.
The hirer must comply & is liable for ensuring that the names Driver (s) comply with the following obligations
- Shall not lend or hire the motorhome to a third party.
- Shall not tow away any trailer or vehicle with the motorhome.
- Shall not carry more passengers than the permitted capacity of the motorhome.
- Shall not use the motorhome for carriage of passengers or goods for hire or reward.
- Shall not move the motorhome outside of Ireland (North or South) without the written consent of Collins Campers.
- Shall not use the motorhome for or in conjunction with any race,competition,trial or for hire or reward,or on non metalled or sealed roadsor park or drive on any beach.
- Shall restrict motorhome movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
- Shall be responsible for the costs of recovery for a campervan that has been bogged.
- Shall not carry volatile liquids or gases (other than LPG canisters provided with the motorhome) explosives or other corrosive or flammable materials.
- Shall not permit smoking in the motorhome.
- Undertakes to keep the motorhome securely locked at all times when unattended.
- Shall not allow the motorhome to be driven by anyone other than those named in the insurance.
- Shall not allow pets in the motorhome.
Fully comprehensive insurance is provided by Collins Campers to the driver(s) named on the Insurance motor rental agreement. A maximum of 1 additional driver can be added to the insurance. Collins Campers motorhomes may only be driven by the hirer and or agreed additional driver who has been accepted by Collins Campers & their insurance company. All named drivers must be over 25 & under 70 years of age & have held a full license. The rental prices quoted on our website & literature include insurance cover for one Irish,UK or European named driver aged between 25 – 70 years with a clean license. Any additional surcharges due to,for example license from outside Europe,drivers age,high risk occupation,history of endorsements within the last five years,convictions,additional drivers etc,will be advised by Collins Campers & any additional costs will be payable as part of the rental fee.
All drivers must produce their FULL drivers license AND confirmation of address in the form of a recent utility bill or bank/building society statement at the time of hire. Hirers from outside Ireland & the UK must provide a valid passport as proof of ID. Please note that if these documents are not available Collins Campervans will be unable to proceed with the HIRE at they are governed by their insurance company’s requirements.
The Hirer is insured for damage to the campervan & property of a third party.
In the event of any damage to the vehicle the HIRER will be responsible for the Insurance excess of €1,500 per incident.
Failure to declare an accident is a criminal offence punishable by law.
It is illegal to drive without insurance in Ireland & the UK. Driving by an unauthorised driver invalidates the insurance.
The theft of a motorhome is not covered by insurance if the keys are left in the ignition or the surrounds of the vehicle while the vehicle is unoccupied & the hirer shall be FULLY responsible for the cost of a replacement vehicle.
The hirer is accountable for the following items not covered by Collins Campers insurance.
- Windscreen & Tyre damage
- Loss/damage/theft to the radio/stereo equipment,wifi equipment (if applicable) & aerials
- Personal belongings within or from the vehicle
Collins Campervs requires a security deposit of €1500 for each rental payable in cash,credit transfer,cheque (in advance) or by Credit card. The security deposit will be refunded in full within seven days of return of the vehicle on the following conditions.
- NO damage to the motorhome,including windscreen or tyres or any third party.
- NO malfunctions, breakdown or repairs caused by the negligence of the hirer. The Hirer is required to check the water & oil levels in the engine & tyre pressures.
- Motorhome is returned to the agreed location on the agreed date & time.
- Motorhome & contents are returned in the same conditions as it was collected,the interior cleaned including all cooking utensils & camping equipment.
- Motorhome is refuelled.
- NO additional costs have been incurred during the period of rental e.g. violation of traffic laws or regulations.
The Hirer agrees to pay Collins Campers any additional costs over & above the security deposit value should damages exceed the security deposit value.
A cleaning fee of €100.00 will be charged against the deposit if the vehicle is not returned with the interior and exterior in a clean condition. There is also an additional fee of €80 if the toilet is returned not empty.
Violations of Traffic Laws & Regulations
Violation of Traffic Laws and Regulations Driver(s) are personally liable for all legal penalties and fees pertaining to any traffic violation infringements under the current Road Traffic Legislation applicable in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
Collins Campers will hold your credit card details for 30 days after the rental agreement finishes in case any traffic violation infringements are presented to Collins Campers for your hire period. The driver(s) will still be liable for any penalties and fees received after this period. Collins Campers will notify the driver(s) of any speeding or parking fines and an administration charge of €25 for each infringement incurred throughout the hire period.
If you have any difficulties please report these immediately to Collins Campers by telephone.
Minor repair bills up to the value of €125 will be reimbursed by Collins Campers upon production of receipts. Repairs in excess of this amount must first be authorised by Collins Campers PRIOR to the work being undertaken. Puncture of tyres are the responsibility of the hirer. You are advised to contact the nearest tyre repair centre or mobile tyre repair operator. Collins Campers cannot accept liability for any costs arising from accident, breakdown or any other cause, e.g., replacement vehicle costs, travel, accommodation. Depending on the circumstances, we reserve the right not to replace the Vehicle.
In case of an Accident please take the following steps:
- Note the name and address of the other driver and the vehicle owner, if different
- Note the name and address of each witness
- Describe any injury to yourself or others
- Describe damage to vehicles and other property
- Note the name and address of the other driver’s insurance company (See insurance disc on windscreen)
- Note the number of certificate of insurance (See insurance disc on windscreen)
- Note the registration number of other vehicle
- Note the name or Number of any Garda/Police officer at the scene or any AA patrol attending
- Note the date, time and location of accident
- Note the speed of vehicles involved
- Note the width of road, road markings, state of road surface, weather conditions and visibility
- Describe the debris or marks on the road relevant to the accident
- Describe the manner of other driver’s driving
- Draw a rough sketch of vehicle positions before and after the accident
- Note whether other driver and passengers were wearing seatbelts
- Take photographs of the scene if you have a camera
- Inform the Garda (Police in Republic)/ Police Service Northern Ireland (PSNI) and obtain an Incident or Crime Number or the Police if outside Ireland.
- Report the Incident to Collins Campervans by telephone within 12 hours
Furthermore, in the event of an accident, Collins Campervans have full discretion as to how, where and when the repair is done. The €1,000 security deposit will be retained until an estimate of repairs is provided by Collins Campervans.
Cancellation by Collins Campervans.
Collins Campervans reserve the right to cancel reservation at the proposed commencement of hire if
- Named Driving Licence is not produced or valid in accordance with stated conditions.
- Failure to provide funds for security deposit.
- Over occupancy of vehicle.
- Address on driving licence does not match booking/billing address. Additional proof of identification is required in the form of a recent utility bill or a bank/building society statement.
- Hirers from outside Ireland and the UK fail to provide a valid passport alongside a driving licence as proof of ID, Collins Celtic Ltd reserve the right to refuse to hire to any person, without stating cause.
Cancellation by Hirer
In the event of a cancellation by the hirer the following charges shall be incurred:
- Within 5 weeks of rental: 100% of booking deposit.
- From 10 to 5 weeks before rental: 50% of booking deposit.
- More than 10 weeks before rental: €25 administration fee. Credit card and debit card charges are non refundable. It is advisable to purchase holiday cancellation insurance.
Collins Campers shall make every effort to ensure that the vehicle reserved by the hirer is available for the agreed rental. If for any reason it is not available we reserve the right to make another vehicle available without extra cost. BUT if this is not acceptable or another vehicle proves unobtainable, our liability is limited to the refund on any money paid to by the hirer. In the event that the motor-home booked is unusable for whatever reason, we will endeavour to provide a replacement vehicle but we cannot guarantee to provide this. In this case our liability is limited to a refund of any money paid. There are certain situations that are out of our control so if, for example, we cannot provide the service you require our liability is limited to a refund of any money paid.
Collection & Return
Collins Campers aim to be as flexible as possible with our collection and return times during the hours of 9AM to 6PM. The camper must be returned by 11am and cannot be collected before 3pm, unless by prior arrangement. Please consider that the next customer may be collecting the camper within hours of your return time. If the campervan is returned late (i.e. outside the times agreed), Collins Campers reserves the right to charge the hirer at the rate of €50 per hour together with any additional costs incurred by Collins Campers(e.g. compensation to the next Hirer.) No refund is given for an early return of the campervan for any reason, (e.g. accident, weather or theft). Where campervans have been arranged to be delivered to / collected from the Hirer, details shall be previously arranged and agreed by Collins Campers and the Hirer. A fee from such delivery/collection will be advised and is payable in advance. An out of hours fee of €50 applies for early collection or late return, outside normal collection/return times.
The breakdown or malfunction of equipment after the motorhome has left the premises will not be accepted as reason to abort or cancel the Rental Agreement, and any such fault will be rectified as soon as possible. Any accidental damage caused to a motorhome once covered by the rental agreement but still on Collins Campers premises shall be deemed as the Hirers responsibility.
The Hirer is responsible for returning the motorhome with a full tank of fuel & ensuring that it is as clean as at the point of hire. Upon return a Collins Campers representative will check the motorhome for damage,cleanliness & a full tank of fuel,condition of the tyres,windscreen,bumpers,roof lights,mirrors,doors & internal habitation equipment. Collins Campers will make the following charges for additional cleaning.
- €150 for cleaning of stained upholstery
- €150 for a dirty interior
- €175 If the NO SMOKING clause has been ignored
- €200 for additional cleaning required after pets.
Collins Campers vehicles must never be taken through a car wash or washed using a pressure wash on the paintwork. Should this be ignored,damage to the paintwork/livery & the resulting costs incurred by a specialist body shop shall be passed on in full to the hirer. Please allow up to 50 minutes for the collection & return of your vehicle.
Pets are NOT allowed by Collins Campers in their vehicles. If this condition is ignored, Collins Campers reserve the right not to reimburse all or part of the security deposit. A €200 cleaning charge will be payable and any repair to damaged or torn upholstery will result in a deduction from the Security Deposit for repair.
Personal Car Parking
The parking of one car per rental will be provided by Collins Campervans. Parking shall be entirely at the hirer’s own risk and my agreeing to proceed to the hire you are deemed to accept full liability for your own vehicle.
You may bring your own bicycle(s). The bicycles are carried totally at customers own risk and Collins Campers will not in any way be responsible for any accidents arising from the carrying or use of same, or as a result of theft. You may contact your home insurance provider to check if cover is in place in the event of theft. Furthermore any hire of bicycles provided by a third party will not be the responsibility of Collins Campers. If hiring a bicycle from Collins Campers you are responsible for its safekeeping and failure to return the bicycle will result in a charge of €400 per bicycle.
Collins Celtic Ltd Liability
Collins Campers wish you and your family/fellow travellers an enjoyable experience which we will do our best to facilitate. However we cannot and will not be liable for costs if your leisure experience is not to your satisfaction. You are advised to purchase travel insurance in advance of hiring one of our motor-homes and you should avail of this if the motor-home is unusable for whatever reason for services such as accommodation and travel. Collins Campers will not compensate you in any way for leisure time (or any other costs) that did not materialise as a result of circumstances out of our control.
Collins Campers are contactable throughout the rental period. All faults, damage or complaints must be reported immediately on this number: +353 863883434 (in the Republic of Ireland) or at the latest on return of the vehicle. In the event that a complaint is not satisfactorily resolved upon return, the hirer must inform Collins Campers in writing within 7 days. We will do our utmost to resolve any complaints satisfactorily.
Name (Block Capitals)
Signature (Hirer) Date
Signed on Behalf of CollinsCampers Date